Updated on 11/23/2020
Acceptance of Terms.
Registration and Eligibility.
You agree that you will not:
Acceptance of Terms.
Registration and Eligibility.
You agree that you will not:
- create an account for anyone other than yourself without such person's permission;
- create a username that is the name of another person with the intent to impersonate that person;
- create a user name or Local Black™ account that is subject to any rights of a person other than you without appropriate authorization; or
- create a user name that is a name that is otherwise offensive, vulgar or obscene or otherwise unlawful.
- create a Local Black™ for Business account for a company or business that does not have an ownership group comprised of 51% Black members/owners.
Local Black™ reserves the right to refuse registration of, or cancel a user name, in its sole discretion. You are solely responsible and liable for activity that occurs on your account and shall be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Local Black™ password. You shall never use another user's account without such other user's prior express permission. You will immediately notify Local Black™ in writing of any unauthorized use of your account, or other account related security breach of which you are aware.
If you use a mobile device, please be aware that your carrier's normal rates and fees, such as text messaging and data charges, will still apply. In the event you change or deactivate your mobile telephone number, you agree that you will update your account information on the Services within 48 hours to ensure that your messages are not sent to the person who acquires your old number.
Local Black™ Content.
The Services contain Content specifically provided by Local Black™ or its partners and licensors, and such Content is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets or other proprietary rights and laws, as applicable. You shall abide by and maintain all copyright notices, information, and restrictions contained in any Content accessed through the Services.
We may use your User Submissions in a number of ways in connection with our Sites, Services and Local Black’s business as Local Black™ may determine in its sole discretion, including but not limited to, publicly displaying it, reformatting it, incorporating it into marketing materials, advertisements and other works, creating derivative works from it, promoting it, distributing it, and allowing other users to do the same in connection with their own websites, media platforms, and applications (“Third Party Media”). By submitting User Submissions on our Sites or otherwise through the Services, you hereby grant Local Black™ a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, fully paid, sublicensable and transferable license to host, use, store, copy, edit, modify, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, perform, and otherwise fully exploit the User Submissions and any content that you submit to Local Black™ for business purposes in connection with our Sites, Services and Local Black's (and its successors and assigns') businesses, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Sites (and derivative works thereof) or the Services in any media formats and through any media channels (including, without limitation, third party websites and feeds). You also grant each user of our Sites and/or the Services, including Third Party Media, a non-exclusive license to access your User Submissions through our Sites and the Services, and to use, edit, modify, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and perform such User Submissions in connection with their use of our Sites, Services and Third Party Media. For clarity, the foregoing license grant to Local Black™ does not affect your other ownership or license rights in your User Submission(s), including the right to grant additional licenses to the material in your User Submission(s), unless otherwise agreed in writing with Local Black™.
You represent and warrant that you have all rights to grant such license to us without infringement or violation of any third party rights, including without limitation, any privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
You understand that all information publicly posted or privately transmitted through our Sites is the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated; that Local Black™ will not be liable for any errors or omissions in any Content; and that Local Black™ cannot guarantee the identity of any other users with whom you may interact in the course of using our Services.
When you delete your User Submissions, they will be removed from the Services. However, you understand that any removed User Submissions may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but following removal, it will not be shared with others) or may remain with users or third parties who have previously accessed or downloaded your User Submissions.
Rules and Conduct.
You shall not (and shall not permit any third party to) either (a) take any action or (b) upload, download, post, submit or otherwise distribute or facilitate distribution of any Content on or through our Services, including without limitation any User Submission, that:
- infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity or other right of any other person or entity or violates any law or contractual duty;
- you know is false, misleading, untruthful or inaccurate;
- is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, predatory, stalking, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another's privacy, tortious, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, offensive, profane, contains or depicts nudity, contains or depicts sexual activity, promotes bigotry, discrimination or violence, or is otherwise inappropriate or objectionable as determined by Local Black™ in its sole discretion;
- constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk e-mail ("spamming");
- involves commercial activities (whether or not for profit) and/or sales without Local Black's prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes;
- contains software viruses or any other computer codes, files, worms, logic bombs or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, disable, damage, limit or interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any system, data, password or other information of Local Black™ or any third party;
- impersonates any person or entity, including any employee or representative of Local Black™;
- includes anyone's identification documents or sensitive information; or
If the User Submission includes a photograph, Local Black's Photo Guidelines shall apply. Local Black™ has a zero-tolerance policy against child pornography, and will terminate and report to the appropriate authorities any user who publishes or distributes child pornography.
You shall not (directly or indirectly):
- take any action that imposes or may impose (as determined by Local Black™ in its sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Local Black's (or its third party providers') infrastructure;
- interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Service or any activities conducted on the Service;
- bypass any measures Local Black™ may use to prevent or restrict access to the Service (or other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Service);
- run any form of auto-responder or "spam" on the Service;
- use manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to "crawl" or "spider" any page of the Site;
- harvest or scrape any Content from the Service;
- modify, adapt, appropriate, reproduce, distribute, translate, create derivative works or adaptations of, publicly display, republish, repurpose, sell, trade, or in any way exploit the Service or Site Content (other than your User Submissions), except as expressly authorized by Local Black™;
- decipher, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to derive any source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of any part of the Service (including without limitation any application or widget), except to the limited extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction;
- copy, rent, lease, distribute, or otherwise transfer any of the rights that you receive hereunder;
- use the Services in any manner that could interfere with, disrupt, negatively affect or inhibit other users from fully enjoying our services or that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the functioning of our services in any manner;
- otherwise take any action in violation of Local Black's guidelines and policies.
Special Terms for Profiles.
If you have a "Profile" on the Service, you also agree to the following:
- Profiles are special profiles that may only be used to promote a business or other commercial, political, or charitable organization or endeavor (including non-profit organizations, political campaigns, bands, and celebrities).
- You may only administer a Profile if you are an authorized representative of the subject of the Page.
- All Content posted on the Profile will be made available to all users of the Services.
- You may not display any Content on your Page that is an ad or could be construed as an ad.
- Your Profile will not be used primarily or substantially to promote or advertise alcohol or tobacco products, firearms, or other products or services that may not be lawfully purchased or used by minors.
- You will not direct your Profile, or any Content on your Profile, to children under the age of 18.
- You will not use deceptive practices to get users to "like" your Profile.
Advertisements and Promotions.
Some of our Apps may run advertisements and promotions from third parties on or in connection with the Services or may otherwise provide information or links to third-party products or services on or in connection with the Services. Your business dealings or correspondence with, or participation in promotions of, such third parties, and any terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings or promotions are solely between you and such third party. Local Black™ is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or promotions or as the result of the presence of such non-Local Black™ advertisers or third party information on the Services.
Third Party Sites and Services.
The Service may permit you to link to other websites, services or resources on the Internet, and other websites, services or resources may contain links to the Site. When you access third party websites, you do so at your own risk. Each party’s terms will govern the respective party’s relationship with you. These other websites are not under Local Black's control, and you acknowledge that Local Black™ is not responsible or liable for the content, functions, accuracy, legality, appropriateness or any other aspect of such websites or resources. The inclusion of any such link does not imply endorsement by Local Black™ or any association with its operators. You further acknowledge and agree that Local Black™ shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such Content, goods or services available on or through any such website or resource.
Local Black™ has no special relationship with or fiduciary duty to you. You acknowledge that Local Black™ has no control over, and no duty to take any action regarding: which users gain access to the Services; what Content you access via the Services; effects, if any, the Content may have on you; how you may interpret or use the Content; or what actions you may take as a result of having been exposed to the Content.
You release Local Black™ from all liability for you having acquired or not acquired Content through the Services. The Services may contain, or direct you to websites containing, information that some people may find offensive or inappropriate. Local Black™ makes no representations concerning any Content contained in or accessed through the Services, and Local Black™ will not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality or decency of material contained in or accessed through the Service.
You release us from all liability relating to your connections and relationships with other users of the Sites. You understand that we do not, in any way, screen users, nor do we inquire into the backgrounds of users or attempt to verify their backgrounds or statements. We make no representations or warranties as to the conduct of users or the veracity of any information users provide. In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever, whether direct, indirect, general, special, compensatory, consequential, and/or incidental, arising out of or relating to the conduct of you or anyone else in connection with the Services, including, without limitation, bodily injury, emotional distress, and any damages resulting in any way from communications or meetings with users or persons you may otherwise meet through the Services. As such, you agree to take reasonable precautions and exercise the utmost personal care in all interactions with any individual you come into contact with through the Services, particularly if you decide to meet such individuals in person. For example, you should not, under any circumstances, provide your financial information (e.g., credit card or bank account numbers) to other individuals.
THE SITE, SERVICE, CONTENT ARE PROVIDED "AS IS", "AS AVAILABLE" AND ARE PROVIDED WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY ANY COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE, ALL OF WHICH ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED, SAVE TO THE EXTENT REQUIRED BY LAW.
LOCAL BLACK, AND ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, SUPPLIERS, PARTNERS AND CONTENT PROVIDERS DO NOT WARRANT THAT: (A) THE SERVICES WILL BE SECURE OR AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION; (B) ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; (C) ANY CONTENT OR SOFTWARE AVAILABLE AT OR THROUGH THE SERVICES IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; OR (D) THE RESULTS OF USING THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS. YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, SERVICES, CONTENT AND SAVE-TO LINK IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. SOME STATES / COUNTRIES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Limitation of Liability.
ALL LIABILITY OF LOCAL BLACK, ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, EACH OF IT AND ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, PARTNERS, SUPPLIERS OR CONTENT PROVIDERS ARISING FOR ANY LOSS SUFFERED AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OUR SITES, SERVICES, CONTENT, USER SUBMISSIONS OR SAVE-TO LINK IS EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, EXCEPT THAT IF A COURT OF COMPETENT JURISDICTION DETERMINES THAT LIABILITY OF LOCAL BLACK, ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, PARTNERS, SUPPLIERS OR CONTENT PROVIDERS (AS APPLICABLE) HAS ARISEN, THE TOTAL OF SUCH LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED IN AGGREGATE TO ONE HUNDRED US DOLLARS ($100).
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL LOCAL BLACK, ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, NOR IT AND ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, PARTNERS, SUPPLIERS OR CONTENT PROVIDERS, BE LIABLE UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, NEGLIGENCE OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY OR OTHERWISE (AND WHETHER OR NOT Local Black, ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, PARTNERS, SUPPLIERS OR CONTENT PROVIDERS HAD PRIOR KNOWLEDGE OF THE CIRCUMSTANCES GIVING RISE TO SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE) WITH RESPECT TO OUR SITES, SERVICES, CONTENT, USER SUBMISSIONS OR SAVE-TO LINK FOR:
- INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSSES OR DAMAGES;
- LOSS OF ACTUAL OR ANTICIPATED PROFITS;
- LOSS OF REVENUE;
- LOSS OF GOODWILL;
- LOSS OF DATA;
- LOSS OF ANTICIPATED SAVINGS;
- WASTED EXPENDITURE; OR
- COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES.
- DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY ARISING AS A RESULT OF OUR OR YOUR NEGLIGENCE (AS APPLICABLE);
- FRAUD (INCLUDING FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATION), THEFT OR OTHER CRIMINAL ACTIVITY; OR
- ANY BREACH OF ANY OBLIGATIONS IMPLIED BY SECTION 12 OF THE SALE OF GOODS ACT 1979 OR SECTION 2 OF THE SUPPLY OF GOODS AND SERVICES ACT 1982.
For users not located in the EEA, the following arbitration and governing law provisions shall apply:
Solely in respect of users located in the EEA, the following governing law provisions shall apply:
You represent and warrant that you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” Country; and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
Integration and Severability.
You may contact Local Black™ at the following address: PO Box 8364, Pittsburgh, PA 15218.